Comprehensive Real Estate Services — We Handle Everything
Mountain Law Group, LLC operates here in the High Country, serving the Vail Valley and central Colorado with offices in Vail and Frisco. Our diverse practice covers real estate law, construction law, land use and business entity formation, all of which come into play in our residential real estate transactions.
Our attorneys can handle every detail of building your dream home or buying a mountain getaway:
- Purchase agreements for land or existing homes
- Title opinions and title insurance
- Land use and zoning: re-zoning, permits, variances and easements
- Construction contracts
- Environmental impact issues and water rights
- Homeowner association covenants and restrictions
- Construction defect litigation or payment disputes
Mountain Law Group, LLC can serve as a project manager to out-of-state and overseas clients; our firm becomes the point of contact for local officials, engineers and construction contractors. We go before planning and zoning boards or state agencies on your behalf to clear any regulatory obstacles prior to the real estate transaction and prior to construction. Closings are generally performed by the title company, but we are available to step in promptly if there are any legal wrinkles.
Many of our clients are investors with large real estate portfolios. We can advise on setting up an LLC as a real estate holding company for tax and liability purposes.
Colorado Real Estate Lawyer
When the real estate bubble burst, owners in the High Country and throughout Colorado were hit especially hard. In the aftermath, many homeowners, vacation property owners and businesses in the High Country discovered that their properties were devalued and difficult to sell because of material defects, title defects, flawed appraisals and other problems.
The real estate litigation attorneys of Mountain Law Group, LLC provide plaintiff and defense representation in all types of real estate disputes. We defend and prosecute legal action statewide on behalf of property owners and investors, as well as construction companies, design professionals, developers, Realtors and appraisers.
Experienced Trial Lawyers for Colorado Real Estate Litigation
Our core practice areas are real estate, construction, land use, business law and bankruptcy, and our clients’ legal conflicts commonly straddle several or all of those disciplines. Our skilled trial attorneys have litigated and arbitrated cases involving multimillion-dollar residential and commercial properties.
We routinely handle all manner of real property disputes:
- Breach of contract in the transaction — Did the buyer back out and leave you hanging? Are the terms in the purchase agreement ambiguous? Is the seller trying to keep your earnest money or reneging on repairs?
- Breach of contract in construction — The lawsuits and cross-claims fly regarding non-payment (mechanic’s liens), non- performance, fraud or construction defects.
- Fraud, misrepresentation and non-disclosure — Sellers and their agents may be liable for damages if they knowingly lied or misled a buyer.
- Title insurance disputes — Title companies are on the hook for errors relating to platting and boundaries, or failing to discover easements, liens or pending litigation.
- Appraiser and lender liability — Did the bank fail to perform due diligence on the buyer or seller? Was there collusion to inflate the appraisal?
Mountain Law Group, LLC also represents owners in disputes with neighbors, homeowners’ associations and governmental entities: encroachment, nuisance, covenants and restrictions, land use and zoning, environmental damage, riparian rights, adverse possession, eminent domain and other issues which deprive our clients of the use, title or value of their property.
Real Estate Transaction Lawyer
Mountain Law Group, LLC provides full service legal counsel for purchase or construction of high-end residential properties in the Colorado Rockies. We regularly assist buyers who do not live year-round in the mountains, including many clients who reside outside of Colorado or in other countries.
If you can’t be here to negotiate the details or supervise the building project, our skilled lawyers can act as your proxy to thoroughly protect your interests.
Real Estate Ownership Entities
We represent Colorado developers, investment groups and many out-of-state clients in the formation of LLCs and other entities as a vehicle for buying real property in Colorado. When properly established, a real estate holding company provides both tax advantages and a liability shield. Our Colorado business formation attorneys have enabled clients worldwide to purchase homesteads, vacation properties, undeveloped land and commercial property in the Rockies.